Bringing together tried and tested ideas and approaches from schools across all sectors, this is a comprehensive and practical resource for Tutors.
This all-purpose handbook will:
- Clarify and give practical guidelines on every aspect of the role
- Help Class Tutors effectively exercise their role in the wellbeing, learning and behaviour areas
- Support Class Tutors as they deal with students with difficulty
- Provide assistance with particular concerns such as bereavement, family break-up, bullying…
- Offer strategies to nurture student self-esteem and wellbeing and promote a positive class spirit
- Assist the Tutor in understanding and respond to the particular needs of each year group
- Help the Tutor develop and maintain effective relationships with parents
- Provide a wide-ranging resource bank of ideas, strategies and templates
An updated second edition is now in preparation with the aim of availability Spring 2024.
Until then, there are limited copies of the first edition remaining (€15 each with €6 post and packing.) The Year Head Handbook contains much of what Tutors will need as they develop the role in the interim – see information on the Year Head Handbook by clicking the Download PDF button below or order copies of the current edition by emailing email@example.com